Information is available on CBSShare, for the internal examiner, when suspected plagiarism is to be reported.
CBS’ rules and regulations on CONDUCt AND RULES ON ACADEMIC INTEGRITY, including penalties
Pursuant to section 14 (9) of the Danish University Act (Consolidation Act no. 778 of 7 August 2019), section 9 of Ministerial Order no. 22 of 9 January 2020 on University Examinations and Grading (the Examination Order), section 32 of Ministerial Order no. 37 of 13 January 2022 on Admission and Enrolment on Programmes at Universities arranged as full time studies (the Admission Order) the following rules have been laid down:
1. The rules apply to all students enrolled at CBS’s bachelor’s, master’s, professional bachelor’s, advanced level, executive master’s and PhD programmes, including exchange students, credit transfer students and students under the vacant seat scheme.
(2) The provision in Section 4 also applies to applicants for CBS’ bachelor’s and master’s programmes.
2. The rules concern the behaviour both actual actions as well as omissions that students cf. s.1 take.
3. The student must be considerate and orderly in his/her conduct at CBS. Bullying or other form of harassment of other students or staff is unacceptable.
(2) The student is under the duty to show consideration for other students and employees at CBS and CBS’ property, buildings and other possessions. This means that noisy behaviour, eating, drinking; smoking, etc. cannot take place in ways or places, where it causes inconvenience to others.
(3) The student must observe all rules laid down by CBS, including works and safety regulations, whether or not they are formulated as general rules, house rules, on posters or signs.
(4) The student must act and behave considerately and orderly in any situation in which the student wholly or in part represents or acts on behalf of / in affiliation with CBS (e.g. during project work or business internships, conferences and case competitions) to ensure that CBS’ reputation and/or cooperative relationships are not damaged.
4. The student is under the duty to comply with directions and orders from employees at or of CBS regarding the rules in s. 2.
(2) The student must show his/her student identity card or otherwise prove his/her identity on request.
Duty of information
5. Applicants for bachelor’s and master’s programmes are under a duty to inform CBS about and apply for credit transfer for programme elements from previous incomplete study programmes at the same educational level. Providing false or insufficient information on such passed programme elements is sanctioned according to the provisions in Paragraph II on disciplinary measures.
6. Students who have received pre-approval for credit transfer for programme elements at a different educational institution, are under a duty to subsequently submit the necessary documentation to CBS for whether these pre-approved programme elements are passed or not. Intentionally providing false or insufficient information on this may be sanctioned according to the provisions in Paragraph II on disciplinary measures.
7. Students at CBS are under the duty to observe the general rules of academic conduct, cf. appendix 1 and subsections 2-5 of this section. The student shall not be entitled to:
(2) obtain or offer unauthorised aid to another student in the preparation of an exam paper or to bring or use unauthorised aids during an exam, including take-home exams.
(3) take credit for work (texts, ideas or products) which is not his/her own or use other people’s work without a clear source reference and quotation marks or quotation formatting.
(4) submit his/her own previously assessed, published or annulled work without informing the person to whom it is submitted.
(5) falsify data, documents or the like.
8. The stipulated penalties in s. 9-14 can be used separately or in combination in case of non-compliance with the rules in s. 3-7.
9. The student can be expelled from the examination, which entails that the student’s exam paper will not be assessed, and that the student has used one exam attempt.
10. The student can be expelled from the university, which entails that the student shall leave CBS’ premises immediately.
11. The student can be given a written warning. A written warning entails that the violation of the rules will be registered on the student’s case in the administration system.
12. The student’s submitted paper/performance can be annulled, which entails that the paper/performance will not be assessed, and that the student has used one exam attempt. An annulment of an already published grade entails that the grade is withdrawn and that the student has used one exam attempt.
13. The student can be suspended from the examination activities, which entails that the student cannot register for or participate in examinations or examination-related activities during the suspension period. The student is entitled to participate in the ordinary teaching. The student cannot be granted a credit transfer for exams passed at other universities during the suspension period, regardless of whether the student has received pre-approval for credit transfer before the suspension period.
14. The student can be expelled temporarily or permanently, which entails that the student shall be excluded from participating in any activity at CBS, including all kinds of participation in teaching and examination. A decision of permanent expulsion shall only be taken if the President finds it necessary in order to ensure that the work of CBS is undisturbed, or that CBS’ reputation is not damaged, or that the confidence in the examinations conducted at the university is upheld in society or in cases where students have intentionally provided false or insufficient information, cf. s. 5 and 6.
15. Repeat violation of the rules will be considered as aggravating circumstances in determining a sanction.
16. In case of a violation of the rules in s. 3-7, the President shall be informed.
17. Employees at CBS and exam supervisors are entitled to suspend a student from an exam, cf. s. 9, or from the university, cf. s. 10, if the student fails to observe the announced examination rules or CBS’ rules and/or if the student’s behaviour or attempt to cheat is disturbing the exam. The President will receive a written report immediately after the suspension and then make a decision in the case.
18. If it is assumed that the student has violated the rules of academic conduct, cf. s. 7, the examination and the assessment must be completed as normal, however cf. (2), but the grade must be withheld until the President has made a decision.
(2) In cases that the assessors deem to be indisputable and verifiable acts of plagiarism, they may confront the students with this assessment. If the student then admits the violation of the rules, the student is entitled to abstain from completing the exam if the student expressly agrees to this. The same applies if the student immediately admits the violation of the rules at the start of the exam. If this happens during the exam, the exam may be stopped if the student expressly agrees to this.
19. The reporting of violations that fall within s. 3 and 7 shall be made by the person(s) who registered the alleged violation of the rules. If the exam supervisors have registered an attempt to violate s. 7, the violation shall be reported to the programme director/course coordinator, who will report the violation to the President.
20. The report must include a thorough description of the alleged violation and documentation hereof, the report will form the basis for a consultation with the involved student(s).
21. With respect to the legal particulars of this matter, the President’s decision can be brought before the Danish Agency for Higher Education and Science.
(2) Complaints shall be submitted no later than two weeks from the date on which the student receives the decision.
(3) The complaint must be addressed to the Danish Agency for Higher Education and Science submitted to CBS Legal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to CBS Legal, Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg. Upon receipt of the complaint, CBS may issue an opinion, on which the student is entitled to comment within at least one week. The complaint, any opinion and any comments to this made by the student, and the case documents shall subsequently be submitted to the Agency.
Copenhagen Business School, March 2022
Vice-president and interim President
Appendix 1: Academic conduct and misconduct
Academic conduct is widely accepted norms on academic behaviour and honesty.
CBS expects of all students that the work they submit is their own and that the work is based on proper academic conduct.
If a student uses his/her own or other people’s formerly assessed or annulled work, the source must be named in accordance with the guidelines that apply to the examination in question. It shall be possible to control the use and the reproduction of the source at any time, and the author(s) must always be acknowledged.
An example of a correct source reference is an indication of the author(s) name(s), the title of the work, year of publication and page number(s), either in a parenthesis after the section in which the source is used or by means of and end- or footnote.
In addition, the work must be included in the overall reference list.
Regardless of extent, quotations from another person’s work must always be accompanied by a source reference and quotation marks or formatting that clearly differs from the formatting of the student’s own work (e.g. indented text in italics).
Violation of the norms on proper academic conduct is unethical and synonymous with academic misconduct.
Academic misconduct occurs when a student or a group of students are misrepresenting the
individual student’s own performance and results by falsification, plagiarism/copying, nondisclosure, cooperation on individual written work or the like.
The following are examples of academic misconduct:
- Attempt to take credit for the work of others without their consent and without a source reference
- The use of other people’s ideas or words without authorisation and without quotation marks and source reference
- Falsification, fabrication or non-disclosed selection/discarding of data, documents or the like
- Helping other people with any of the above mentioned offences
- Bringing unauthorised exam aids into an examination room
- Giving or receiving help in the preparation of an exam paper, including cooperating with others on individual exam papers.
The following links provide more information about academic conduct:
Stop plagiat nu: http://stopplagiat.nu
“Referér korrekt”: http://arkiv.iva.ku.dk/tutorials/referencer/om.htm (in Danish) Skov, A. (2000). Referér korrekt: Om udarbejdelse af bibliografiske referencer. København: Danmarks Biblioteksskole.
San José State University Plagieringstutorial: https://libguides.sjsu.edu/plagiarism (In English) Jackson, P. et.al. (2004). Plagiarism: The Crime of Intellectual Kidnapping. San José University Library.
There are different rules and penalties for students on the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma in Business Administration programmes. See the Ministerial Order on the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration programme (only in Danish):
§ 22. En studerende, der under en prøve skaffer sig eller giver en anden studerende uretmæssig hjælp til besvarelse af en opgave eller benytter ikke tilladte hjælpemidler, skal af uddannelsesinstitutionen bortvises fra prøven.
Stk. 2. Opstår der under eller efter en prøve formodning om, at en studerende uretmæssigt har skaffet sig eller ydet hjælp, har udgivet en andens arbejde for sit eget eller anvendt eget tidligere bedømt arbejde uden henvisning, indberettes dette til institutionen. Bliver formodningen bekræftet, og handlingen har fået eller ville kunne få betydning for bedømmelsen, bortviser institutionen den studerende fra prøven.
Stk. 3. Udviser en studerende forstyrrende adfærd, kan institutionen bortvise den studerende fra prøven. I mindre alvorlige tilfælde giver institutionen først en advarsel.
Stk. 4. Institutionen kan i de i stk. 1 – 3 nævnte tilfælde under skærpende omstændigheder beslutte, at den studerende skal bortvises fra institutionen i en kortere eller længere periode. I sådanne tilfælde gives en skriftlig advarsel om, at gentagelse kan medføre varig bortvisning.
Stk. 5. En bortvisning efter stk.1-3 medfører, at en eventuel karakter for den pågældende prøve bortfalder, og at den studerende har brugt en prøveindstilling, jf. § 6, stk. 3.
Stk. 6. En studerende skal ved aflevering af en skriftlig besvarelse bekræfte med sin underskrift, der kan være digital, at besvarelsen er udfærdiget uden uretmæssig hjælp, jf. stk. 1 og 2.
‘Circular on Elections for the Board of Directors and Collegiate Bodies at CBS’ are available on cbs.dk. [link findes ikke endnu – afvent oprettelse af menupunkt og upload af valgregler]
REGLER FOR OPHÆNG AF PLAKATER PÅ CBS I FORBINDELSE MED VALGKAMP
Reglerne skal sikre at bygningerne ikke lider overlast i forbindelse med ophængning af plakater, at CBS’ bygninger fremtræder som et seriøst uddannelsessted og en arbejdsplads med et professionelt præg, samt at kandidaterne får ens og fair vilkår i deres valgkamp.
CBS’ studerende, medarbejdere og organisationer kan ophænge plakater og streamers efter nedenstående retningslinjer. Plakater, streamers eller tryksager herudover må ikke opsættes uden særlig aftale med Campus Services.
Ophæng i strid med reglerne medfører repressalier i overensstemmelse med CBS’ ordensregler.
Plakater og streamers kan opsættes på de frie opslagstavler. Bemærk at indholdet normalt fjernes 1 gang månedligt. Derudover kan der frit benyttes A-skilte og roll-ups i et rimeligt antal.
Endelig kan der sættes bannere hen over vandrehallen i SP.
Plakater mv. må ikke opsættes på eller i:
- Balkoner i Kilen
- Plakater og streamers nedtages umiddelbart efter de er blevet uaktuelle
- Mærker forårsaget af opsætning skal fjernes
Særlige forhold i valgperioden
I forbindelse med valgkamp kan der normalt opsættes plakater sidste åbningsdag før valgugen, dvs. fra fredag kl. 12 i KI, PH og DH og søndag kl.12 i SP.
Derudover gælder det, at:
- Hver studenterorganisation kan i afstemningsugen opstille valgbord(e) i forhallen på Solbjerg Plads, Kilen, Porcelænshaven og Dalgas Have. Opstillingsplads anvises af Campus Services.
- Der må alene udskænkes ikke-alkoholiske drikke.
- CBS opfordrer alle til ikke at gå i direkte konkurrence med kantinen ift. servering af mad og drikkevarer.
- Valgplakater må i omfang ikke være større end 140 x 85 cm.
- Alle valgplakater og streamers skal nedtages af organisationerne senest førstkommende mandag efter valgugen.
René Steffensen / Anders Jonas Pedersen
Campusdirektør / Sektretær for valgstyrelsen
Not available in English